7 Essential HTML5 Web Development Tips and Resources
HTML5, the Flash-killing web language of the future, won’t be set in stone until the W3C finalizes its specs in 2014, but it’s already been making an impact on the Web and in mobile devices for the past couple of years.
The following links provide helpful information on getting a start in HTML5 web development, from the history of HTML, to the basics of setting up a HTML5 site, to more advanced resources for the rapid deployment of websites that make full use of the possibilities of the language.
1. Mozilla Developer Network: HTML5 – MDN’s tutorials and other useful information on developing websites in HTML5
2. Dive Into HTML5 – Very helpful e-book by Mark Pilgrim providing an overview of HTML5’s history and features
3. HTML5 Doctor – Website publishing “articles relating to HTML5, its semantics, and how to use it right now.”
4. Coding A HTML 5 Layout From Scratch – 2009 article from Smashing Magazine
5. HTML5 Boilerplate – “a rock-solid default template for HTML5”